First Date Questions!
I don’t know about you but first dates are nerve-racking for me.
I’m usually so nervous and fear that I wouldn’t meet up to the expectations of my date or that I wouldn’t enjoy the date.
What if he finds me boring? What if I find him boring? What am I going to say? What if we run out of topics to talk about?
Trust me, the “what if” questions never end. It is even worse if it is a blind date, then I have to deal with the two obvious “what ifs”.
What if he doesn’t like what he sees? What if I don’t like what I see?
I know I started this with not knowing about you but I am pretty sure I am not alone.
The point of going on a first date is to see if there is enough between you both that would warrant a second date and third date and maybe, your own little fairy tale.
Okay, slow down; let’s not get ahead of ourselves, let’s get you through the first date first.
These first date questions will help you ease into a conversation with your date and also help you both decide if you have enough in common for a second date.
50 First Date Questions
- How was your day like? Tell me about it.
2. What do you do? Do you enjoy doing it?
3. Where are you from?
4. What school did you go to and what did you study?
5. When is your birthday?
6. Are you an indoor or outdoor person?
7. What do you like to do in your free time?
8. Do you like to read? If yes, what is your favourite book?
9. Who is your favourite author?
10. Do you enjoy watching movies? If yes, what is the recent most fascinating movie you have
11. What of TV shows or series?
12. Would you be into music? If yes, what type(s) of music do you like?
13. What do you enjoy eating?
14. What is and where did you have the best meal you have ever had?
15. Do you like living in this city or you would rather live elsewhere?
16. What other cities would you want to live in?
17. Do you like animals? Do you have pets?
18. Do you enjoy travelling? If yes, where have you travelled to?
19. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
20. How many siblings do you have?
21. What were you like as a child?
22. What is the best memory from childhood?
23. Do you have a big group of friends? Tell me about your closest friends?
24. What would you consider most important in a friendship?
25. What would you do if money and time weren’t a factor?
26. Would you consider yourself adventurous?
27. What is on your bucket list?
28. What are you oddly talented at?
29. Are you sporty? If yes, what sports do you enjoy?
30. What is your pet peeve?
31. What are the causes you are passionate about?
32. What is that thing you absolutely love that you wouldn’t mind splurging on?
33. What is your favourite quote or saying?
34. Who is your role model? Why?
35. What was the most embarrassing moment of your life?
36. What would you do if you were invisible for a day?
37. What is your favorite smell?
38. If you were in a cave and could only bring three things with you, what would they be?
39. If you could choose to have any superpower, what would it be?
40. What celebrity are you most like?
41. Do you believe in fate or destiny?
42. Who is your favorite actor/actress/superhero/villain?
43. What was your favorite movie when you were a kid? Why?
44. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done in public?
45. What’s something that no one would expect about me?
46. If you could go anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would you go and why?
47. If someone gave you $1 million dollars right now, what would I do with it?
48. What’s the last book you read?
49. What kind of food do you like to eat for breakfast?
50. What is your idea of a great evening?
Having gone through these first date questions, I would like to emphasize that it is a date, not an interview session, so don’t go into interrogation mode.
The questions are just to give you an idea of what to talk about and ease you into conversations.
You don’t have to go through the question one after the other, go with the flow.
Keep it fun and not tedious.
Whatever you do, please don’t go with a written list of these questions.
Chances are you might not even have to go through all the questions because you will find a particular thing in common with your date that you should spend time on.
Also, since it is the first date, you don’t need to have or expect deep answers.
You are just getting to know each other, so keep it light or at least, don’t expect anything beyond light conversation except it goes that way.
And this cannot be overemphasized – try to have fun and enjoy yourself.
Whether it ends up that you both decide a second date is in the books or not, the date would have been a success because it would have helped you come to an informed decision.
From the one who understands how nerve-racking first dates are, I say may the odds be in your favour.
6 Signs He’s Pretending to Love You
10 Ways to Make Your Ex Regret Leaving You